The PreBuild Microsoft's Reporting Services WebPart is used to be configured to display SQL Reports which is to be fetch data from SQL Reporting Services.
It’s necessary to create reports in SharePoint Web Applicatons for Dashboards or printing information. So I have posted this blog to show step by step process to create Reports in SharePoint.
Architecture of SSRS Implementation on SharePoint
- Configure Report Server.
- Start Reporting Server
- Create Visual Studio Project
- Create DataSource
- Create Report
- Get List GUID
- Deploy Reports
- Install Reporting WebPart
- Connect WebParts
Go To: Start > All Programes > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > Configuration Tools > Reporting Services Configuration
Check All OK. Remember
1. Report Server Virtual Directory Settings (ReportServer$MSSQL)
2. Report ManagerVirtual Directory Settings (Reports$MSSQL)
2. Do following..
4. Browse “ Reports$MSSQL” to check Report Server is running…
1. Create New Project
1. Right Click on "Shared Data Sources" folder and select "Add New Data Source" [Popup will open]
2. Rename Shared Data Source Name to "SharePointWebServiceDataSource".
3. Select Type as "XML".
4. Put Connection String as " http://ABCD1234:1000/_vti_bin/lists.asmx "
5. If you have Credentials then provide in Credentials Tab.
6.Click on "OK" if all complete.
5. To Know more about SharePoint Web Services - Click Here.
1. You need a SharePoint List GUID for creating Reports.So following is a process to get List GUID.
2. You need to download " Stramit SharePoint Caml Viewer " from CodePlex Created by Renaud Comte (MVP).
1. Right Click on "Reports" folder and select "Add New Report" [Report wizard will open]
2.Select Shared Data Source Name as "SharePointWebServiceDataSource" and click on Next Button.
To know more about Query string Click Here.
<Method Namespace="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/" Name="GetListItems">
* Red Text indicated List GUID.
4. Select report type as Tabular and click on Next Button.
6. Finally select Report Style and Rename Report with meaningful name. and click in Finish Button.
4. On the Report Viewer Web Part menu, click Modify Shared Web Part.
5. In the Report Viewer Tool Pane, in the Configuration section, enter your Report Manager URL. This value is set to " http://localhost/Reports$MSSQL " by default.
6. Set Rport Path As " /SharePoint Reports/AllEmpInformation " and click on ok.
To be Continue...........